Sunday 11 December 2011

Dragon Tattoo collection by Trish Summerville



Following closely on the heels of the Versace for H&M collection comes the Dragon Tattoo collection by Trish Summerville. This collection is inspired by Lisbeth Salander, the character in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". The Hollywood version of the movie is due out on Boxing Day and is an adaptation of a book of the same name (First book of a trilogy). The collection will be out this December 14th.



I must say I like this collection a lot. I'm saying this not because I'm buying into the hype of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've never read the books nor watched any of the movies (the Swedish version was released in 2009) so really, I can't call myself a fan. I hardly know anything about the lead, Lisbeth, other than what I saw in the trailer.

Even if the collection wasn't designed by Trish Summerville and was just a regular collection by H&M, I'd still be interested and would totally get some of the stuff. I truly like most of the pieces because it's stylish and edgy, but also wearable for the average consumer like me. Leather jackets, draping cardis, destroyed jeans and combat boots? Yes, please!

The prices are extremely reasonable and around the normal range I'd pay for H&M pieces so really, what's not to like?

I also love the accessories the models are wearing, but I'm not sure if those are part of the collection because on the H&M website, I can only see the earrings and leather bracelet.

I have selected a few of my favourite pieces from the collection and came up with the following coordinates.


Destroyed cardigan: £19.99
"What is hidden in the snow comes forth in the thaw" top: £6.99
Earrings:
£1.99
Destroyed jeans: £29.99
Combat boots: £34.99


Destroyed t-shirt: £12.99 
Leather bracelet: £3.99
Trousers: £69.99
 Boots: £29.99

[Pic credit:  H&M]

29 comments:

  1. I've seen the book around the bookstore but never was quite pulled in by it, but I like this collection too! I wonder if it's going to be available already in Korea too...? Hmm.. I love those combat boots in the first pic the most!! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the books/movie too. This collection didn't really impress me that much. For me, it's more like grunge/Topshop look. Maybe a little bit different from usual H&M stuff, but you can easily find similar clothes on the high street. X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the collection, looks really cool i like this kind of clothes :D and lol i just think it's creative name for new collection i didn't know that there is som movie  "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" . Now thanks to you i know ^^ 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, even if this collection wasn't based around the popular books I would definitely still check out some of the pieces! Especially the boots, they look very edgy and cool. That destroyed cardigan is incredible too- it would look hot on both men and women!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for this collection!  Especially for those leather jacket & pants, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the book myself and this is the collection/collaboration to watch out for. Great, great marketing for the movie. This would sell like pancakes or sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like this collection alot too! its so wearable and edgy :D 

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME OUTFITS. I'm going to def check it out. thanks for telling us :O

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an edgy look!!! i think i could pull it off in small doses, but i'd have to add some feminine touches to it hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the edge

    delicatelyfierce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read the book either (and I had no idea there is a movie coming out) but I am loving this collection! I hope it hits the H&M stores here too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of the boots!

    xoxo,lindsey  |  http://bowsandarrowblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Юлия Гонт21 November 2012 at 15:39

    awesome piecies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so stoked about this collection (and the movie!), all of the shoes look sick as hell.

    imsaratee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh is this worldwide :o
    I wold love to see and touch this collection!
    xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw the ads for this new collection and everything looks so...badass. Love the two outfits you put together! Each pice is so simple, but with every small detailing attached, it makes it quite edgy! And yes, this collection is definitely up your alley. :]

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am definitely a fan of these looks. omg I want everything, can't pinpoint one thing I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the destroyed cardigan! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm so excited for this collection! i hope it won't be insane like versace was. i don't plan to wait in line but reallyyyy want the destroyed cardigan & leather pants!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think Im too late but even if you read this while in asia that's fine.

    Your journey isn't over silly. It has just begun. Why think of it as an ending, if you truly belong in england then one day in the future you will find yourself back here (and not just for graduation ceremony). You got to experience something most of us dont even have time, money, opportunity, for and if I asked you back then whether you would come here knowing it was only for 5 years - would you say no? Offffff course not.

    It has to end, for something better to take its place in our lives. That's what my dad told me when we moved away. I'm actually looking forward to you posting about Malaysia more :S Because I don't follow any malaysian bloggers nor have I seen many photos of that place. I've seen singapore, I've seen hongkong too many times, but no malaysia :( Yet. You will show me the subway. You will show me the bus. You will show me the malls. You will show me the food. You will show me life.

    You are still extremely physically beautiful. You can walk and talk without problems. You're flying all around the world. What are you talking about, life's a dream and always has been.

    :P

    -me

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know absolutely nothing about the series either, but some of these pieces are nice, especially the leather jackets. Those are something I would def get for myself. The rest of the collection is a bit too edgy for me though haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. i seriously wouldn't mind any of those boots... I'm doubtful faux leather trousers would work on me haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. looks like a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! I love the collection. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabrizia Spinelli21 November 2012 at 15:40

    Such a nice post, I enjoyed it a lot! I
    like your sense of style! Wonderful collection!


     


    Take a look and if you want we can
    follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi dear, I'm here just to wish you A Merry Christmas and Happy holiday!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow these are really bad ass pieces~ H&M have been doing some fabulous collections this year! 

    ReplyDelete
  28. Too bad i didn't work at the H&M anymore =( otherwise i will get some employee discount whaha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave me a comment xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...